The Charter School Collaborative is designed to support charter schools authorized by San Diego Unified School District. It is a membership organization created to develop and sustain a positive and productive relationship between the San Diego charter school learning communities and the leadership and staff associated with the San Diego Unified School District.
The goal for the Charter School Collaborative is to best serve the learning needs of charter students and families by maintaining charter organizations that are:
- Fairly funded and resourced
- Compliant with charter school laws and regulations
- Consistent with the intent of charter legislation in terms of autonomy, flexibility, and creativity
- Utilizing opportunities to create innovative models centered on the development of effective organizations that foster improvements in teaching and learning
- Membership is open to charter school administrators who represent schools that are in good standing with SDUSD and with state-level charter school associations.
- An Executive Council of administrators will coordinate activities based on input from the membership.
- The CSC will operate with no paid staff. Members will have the opportunity to offer support in areas of expertise.
- Schools joining prior to September 30, 2014, will do so at NO COST for the first year!
- The CSC will work in collaboration with state-level charter school associations to ensure that local charters are represented on specific issues.